We plan on holding a series of individual workshops that focus on one area of dog training. Each workshop will last four hours. Events are being planned across the Gwent area and will normally take place on Saturdays.
Planned workshop topics include:
- Loose lead walking for owners who are tired of being dragged around
- Recall techniques for owners who are fed up of standing around in the park while their dog ignores them.
- Clicker training and ‘free shaping’ for owners who want to take their relationship with their dog to the next level.
- Scentwork training for owners who want to give their dogs the chance to use their most important sense. For dogs, smell is just as important, if not more so, that sight and hearing. These workshops will introduce scentwork as a pastime and competitive sport.
- Growly Dog sessions (by invitation only) for dogs who have been through a behavioural rehab package with Gwent Dog training.
- Dog Learning Theory. This workshop is for owners, dog walkers, groomers and potential dog trainers who are interested in the theory of how dogs learn. What do we mean by ‘positive reward’ training? What do we mean when we talk about ‘punishment’ in dog training – probably not what most people think! And lots more. For this workshop, attendees come without dogs. Demo dogs will be provided as needed.
Each workshop will be limited to a maximum of 10 dog/handler teams and cost £45. The Dog Learning Theory Workshop will be limited to 20 people and cost £22.
Dates and venues will be announced soon. If you would like to register an interest in attending any of the above workshops, please complete the form below.